Thursday 28 April 2016

The artist who "paints" with explosives (Unit 7)

Dear Editor,

I am writing in response to the article you wrote in Thursday's edition of your newspaper. As soon as I read it, I got shook of the information it told. I was disappointed to read comments saying that art is not expressive, not important and artists don't have to create more. As a student of secondary, who is doing art as a subject, I would like to point out the benefits of creating art and the original idea of that Chinese artist painting with a dangerous thing.

Firstly, there is a big advantage of creating art: artists around the world want to communicate, express or claim something who disagree with. Art is the perfect way to do it. Lots of people of all ages when see a painting which is simple, most of them say they can do it even better. That's not the point. I think that when you are an artist and you create a painting or anything else, is a way to express people the message you want to know them. So, painting with explosives is an original idea, is an innovation!

Next, studies have shown that lots of artists claim his ideas, his points of view, his freedom of speech, etc. by doing interesting and original art. Banksy or Pavel 183 are some of them, people who express his ideas by doing street art; or Boltanski by expressing the consequences of the war he lived.

Lastly, I am due to set off on a trip to Prado Museum, Madrid to appreciate the paintings there. I also want to state that painting with explosives is an original way to do a work of art which I think communicates that is a dangerous thing and that we are talking about a really big danger. I therefore suggest you keep printing such type of comments as we can be informed of these great people.

Kind regards,


Clàudia Vallmajó

No comments:

Post a Comment